Thursday, December 28, 2023

Happy New Year????

Well, how about this for a downer? Someone just sent me an opportunity to join a new group.........It was called, "EVERYTHING Vintage and Shabby". Who sent me this?? Were they hinting at something? Oh, My Golly. 

I ran to the full-length mirror. Standing there, I checked out the reflection. Yes, I think I would agree with vintage. After all, the calendar and the mirror, don't lie. Mid-seventy doesn't resemble mid-forty, does it? But shabby, not so much. Only about half of my wardrobe, I estimated, is showing a bit of wear.

Time for a change. Beginning today, I am going to start a major overhaul of my personal clothing collection. I am going to eliminate any possibility of shabby.

        #1. Anything bought before 2000, has to go. (that's 24 years old folks) Anything that old just              smacks of VINTAGE, which is a Fancy Nancy word for OLD.

        #2. Greys and blacks are probably not the most attractive colors for seniors. If I can't jazz it up with     Red or Hot Pink, it's gone. Anything that screams dull, just doesn't work. Dull is absolutely SHABBY.

        #3. If I haven't worn an article in 5 years.......OUT. (And that goes for shoes, too.)

It's a New Year, and instead of old and drab, I'm aiming for Mature and Marvelous. Or how about Elderly and Elegant? Do any of my readers want to join my new group......"Seventies.... Sensational and Savy!

                                                 ...................................................

Dear God. Faith is necessary for a complete life. Change is inevitable. You are our Constant.


  



1 comment:

Karen said...

You should offer this as a Service and charge BIG Bucks!
Thanks for the Push!

HAPPY NEW YEAR and MUCH LOVE!
Karen