Friday, October 13, 2023

Wait a Minute.......

 Late at night, you can often find me sitting alone in my bedroom, watching TV and crocheting.  I've never been able to sit still for long, and I find that when my hands are busy with a yard and needle, I am less likely to be stuffing my face with junk food.

Anyway, I was watching some silly show (most shows these days are just silly) when a reality character voiced something, I thought, was rather profound. The speaker was a non-sighted person, that we would consider handicapped. He said, and this is a rough interpretation, that most of us see our adversities and those of others, as tragedies. We view overcoming those tragedies, as triumphs. But life, he continued, is not really a series of tragedies and triumphs, it's just about "getting on". Accepting and moving forward. Doing the everyday things. 

Stuff happens. It happens to all of us. The real triumph is being able to get up every morning, and do the best we can. Life involves taking care of ourselves and helping others to succeed. If we have some spectacular successes, on this journey, GREAT.  Otherwise, keep on traveling.

      ................................................................................................................................................

Gracious God. Our blessings are many. Keep us focused on what we can do, not on what we can't do. We are thankful. We praise Your Holy Name.



No comments: