Tuesday, January 10, 2023

The Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the Truth.

 A lot of words have been written about honesty. I think the adage, "Honesty is the best policy", is the best advice, that anyone can give. Recently, I read a quote that said, sort of, "When you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said." Very thought provoking.

And, although I do not think of myself as an untruthful person, there is one big lie, that I have been telling. Okay, maybe two. I don't think the weight on my driver's license is correct. If a policeperson should ask for my photo ID, there will be a pause, followed by hysterical laughter.

My most serious lie, which I recently corrected, has been highly visible. I'm telling the truth, when I say that I had not changed my picture on Facebook, in well, let's say it was my original photo, from way back when. In my defense, it was a good picture, and it was me, 15 years ago!

So now, check it out, my new photo is current. It was taken last month. It's truthful, but not youthful. There you go...and that's the truth.

Dear Lord. We can't hide anything from You. You are all wise and all knowing. We praise Your Holy Name.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...