........Jiggetty Jig!

What a difference a week makes! I have just completed my first solo trip, in quite a few years. And, in spite of my travel trepidations, I turned into my driveway last night, a little tired, but so very happy.

My visit with my relatives was a great deal of fun. We were five female cousins, ages spanning a couple of decades, talking, laughing and having a great time. I think, that if a stranger would have walked into the gathering, she would have recognized that we were all related. We don't look alike (some of them have naturally curly hair!!!), but we all share the familial trait of speaking our minds and being frightfully honest. And, oh my golly, we are laughers!!!!!

We drove around my home town and located the homes of friends and family long gone. I noticed  changes in the burg, some good and some unfortunate. But, my cousins can tell you, that it is still a great place to live.

Then, of course, I got to visit with my childhood friends and their spouses. There is something, thoroughly basic, that happens to us, when we are able to be who we are, with people who have known us since grade school. After all, the guy who told me, "There's no such thing as Santa Claus", when I was seven, is still going to be as honest and truthful now, as he was nearly 70 years ago! And, if you rode in someone's first car. Well, how nostalgic and meaningful, is that? These folks have known me through decades of bad hairdos, for goodness sakes....and still like me! Shared memories are wonderful, nostalgic and healing.

Old friends and family are the best.  This trip was a blessing, to me. My first solo adventure was a success, and I am looking forward to many more.

Good and Gracious God: I know that You travel with me. Thank You, for my friends and family. Watch over them and be their protector...as You are mine.




Comments

Karen said…
Sounds like a GREAT time! Thanks for including us in the Adventure!
Love you, YMOOOOOOOOOOS

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)