Having fun, yet?

 I noticed a photo posted on Facebook, today. It showed a group of grade school students, walking around a line of chairs. Musical Chairs, course. The game was a staple of every elementary music class. I liked playing it, but I don't think I ever "won". And, I didn't like all the pushing and shoving, trying to get a chair.

Remember Dodge Ball? I was never very good at that particular game. Quickness was never my best skill. And, I don't care what you say, those big, red rubber balls hurt, when you got hit. And, whoever followed the rule of "below the belt"?

Spelling Bees. I was better at those. I could remain standing, at least longer than most of my classmates. But there always seemed to be one, three or four syllable killer, that put me on my butt.

Red Rover, Red Rover. My wrists were too weak and damaged, to successfully keep folks from "breaking in". I was the weak link, and it seemed like everyone knew it.

All of those games, are based on elimination. Were they good for us, or not? They certainly didn't do much, for the self esteem, of most of the kids who played them. For the survivors, those games were a lot of fun. Being the first one to sit down, wasn't fun at all.

Life often times seems like a kids' game. Have you thought about your journey, through life, being like one long game of Dodgeball? Life is hard and sometimes it hurts. But, you know, every once in a while and sometimes quite often, you get the word spelled correctly, you get the last chair, or you step out of the way, at just the right time. And, being strong enough to hold on to a loved one's hand, through a really tough time, is one of God's finest blessings.

Dear Lord, I'm ready. I am feeling like I can play all of the games, that come my way. With Your help, I can hang on.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)