Thanks Mike!

 As we get older, we hopefully get wiser. Little flash backs help us remember the good times and enable us to push forward on our journey.

I have jokingly referred, to the fact, that my father often referred to me as "domkop". I know he didn't mean it literally, but whenever I did something not too bright (up to the standard to which he thought any fool was capable), I was lovingly called "domkop". And, at the time, I was unfamiliar with the translation of the word.....but, I knew it wasn't sweetheart!

But, in spite of whatever he called me, I want it noted that this same man, also, taught me some of the best lessons a girl could learn. At the age of nine, I got my first electric drill, and he taught me how to use it. I have always known the difference between a wood screw and a metal screw, the difference between a Phillips Head Screwdriver and a regular one, and where and when to use most hand tools. I can drive a straight nail and I know the difference between a sharpshooter and a snow shovel. So on and so on. 

Now, Lord knows he always said that I threw like a girl (uh, duh), and I never did get better at that skill. But, this week I proudly repaired the storm door with my ancient handy "man" knowledge. 

Thank you, Dad.

Lord, we thank you, for the memories of people and times long past.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)