Reflection

 Snowed in again! Not much to measure, but enough ice to keep me inside, for most of the day, I think. When you are forced to do without something or someone you are accustomed to, focusing in on little blessings and joys, is an extremely good exercise. So, amid the snow and freezing temps, of this early Monday morning, I am choosing to be thankful for:

  • Choices. I wasn't hungry last night, so I ate half a bag of expensive cookies and a flavored water, for dinner. The water had no calories or sugar, so it offset the calories and sugar in the cookies. Yummy choice, lady.
  • Relatives. My son and his lady friend took me to dinner on Saturday night. The food was great, but the company was the real treat. Another son checked in on me. He and my daughter call regularly. They chose to give me some of their time and talents.
  • Friends. A long time friend called yesterday. We had a long conversation, covering many topics. She chose to share with me.
  • More relatives. Cousin Mary has called me several times lately. She is a sweetheart and I know she chose to make the effort to check on me. 
  • Finances. I can pay my bills and live comfortably. I have food, shelter, clothing and most important today, HEAT. 
  • Faith. My worries are few. With God's help, I am going to survive whatever life throws at me. I'm choosing to look ahead.
Dear Lord. I am thankful. Life is good when I trust in God.


Comments

Karen said…
What a Beautiful blog, Lady. Many Thanks---so uplifting.
Love you,
YMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)