Friday, December 31, 2021

Blue Skies

As we say goodbye to twenty twenty-one, I refuse to relive, what most of us would call, a year certainly not worth a nickel. (A nickel is what several useful items used to cost)......before gas started costing us around four bucks a gallon, and Jello, going for over a dollar a box!
Instead, this old lady is going to look at the future and focus on her many blessings.
  • I am electronically modified, thanks to my hearing aids, but other than that, I am relatively healthy. Unlike that odd commercial, currently running, I can "still do my own hair and play with my grandkids". Meaning, I assume, that I can use a comb and get down and up, from the floor.
  • I have been blessed with a plethora of wonderful friends, and many of them are healthy and active. The pandemic and old age has taken a few of them to better places, but for now, for the most part, we are still enjoying each other's company.
  • Finances may be becoming more precarious, but with a little belt tightening, we can make ends meet. "Refrigerator Soup" may be on the menu, more often, but we're not going hungry.
  • Grandchildren, and we have ten, are the best blessings, ever. And, their parents aren't too bad, either.
  • I take a couple of prescription drugs, but so far have avoided any and all of those continually advertised drugs (with made up names) that have more side effects, than possible cures.
  • I can pursue my hobbies and joys. Give me anything resembling a string, and I will crochet something sort of pretty or useful. Also, I'm researching family history, and increasing my detective skills.
  • I write. I drive. I look forward to the future. 
Life in 2022, promises to be good for all of us. Happy New Year.

Precious Lord. Keep my eyes on the prize. I am blessed and I know it. You are my constant.


No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...