Saturday, June 19, 2021

And, furthermore...........................

 A couple of months back, I wrote a post about things in my life that were causing me confusion. I wrote a list. Here are several additions to my original list:

  • Why do I think of Alfred E. Newman ("What me worry?" Mad Magazine, circa 1960), every time I see Dr. Anthony Fauci?
  • Why does the price of a can of green beans double, when the salt is removed? Check this out the next time you visit the supermarket. Take something away....and it costs more? Ridiculous!
  • Whatever happened to highway entrance ramp signs? Specifically, the ones that said YIELD.
  • What ever happened to REGULAR products? I have been trying to buy some regular grits, and I have actually checked 6 different stores. Maybe it's because I live North of the Mason-Dixon Line. Or perhaps, most folks do not have time to cook and everyone is in a hurry, because all the packages, I have found, are labeled Instant or Quick. No one sells regular grits in Kansas City!
So, I continue to be confused. Life is a mystery.

Dear Lord. Keep an eye on Your poor children. We struggle when we try to make sense of our lives.
Remind us that you are in charge and it is useless for us to worry. We praise Your Holy Name.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...