Wednesday, April 21, 2021

"I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a ..........."

 If you are reading this, you know that I enjoy writing. But, I am also a reader. Fiction is my favorite, but I also enjoy history and biographies. My last read was historical fiction. And, it was so interesting, I read it, cover to cover, in one delightful afternoon. (Yes, I am enjoying retirement.)

My current read, is an autobiography of an ordinary guy, a casual friend I have known for seven years. And, for an normally calm and personable fellow, I am finding his life story fascinating. Apparently, you can talk to someone. almost daily, and never really know what they have done, seen or believe. Who knew? 

So, this got me to thinking. Remember those "stories" we were required to write, every September, when we started a new year of school? The title was always, "What I Did Over Summer Vacation." Well, here's a thought. We should all write "What I Did In My Life" stories..........our autobiographies. 

All of us leave behind a paper trail of documents, census records, photographs and junk. And, your descendants can amass a ton of this stuff, and still know nothing about you. When most of us depart this world, we do not leave a true record of who we actually were. Writing your own story, would furnish , those who are interested, with a more accurate record of your life. Just give my idea a thought or two, then pick up a pencil or start typing.

I'll look forward to reading your story.

Good Lord. We are all on a journey and You are our Guide. Sometimes the travel is easy, but often we stumble. Our paths are varied and sometimes treacherous. You are our constant.
We praise your Holy Name.



1 comment:

Karen said...

Super Challenge! I'll let you know when my story becomes a Best Seller!

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...