Wednesday, April 14, 2021

If Houses Could Talk

 We had quite a scare yesterday. Scott announced at breakfast that the fridge was squeaking. This might seem odd, but I took it in stride. You see, about a year ago, our kitchen stove began intermittently squeaking, upon reaching it's programmed temperature setting. At that time, we called our trusty appliance repair man, Steve. He came out and turned the stove on. Then, he took a seat and waited until it started squeaking. Right on cue, it started squeaking. Apparently, a squeaking stove is normal, because Steve saw no reason to make any repairs. He charged us for a house call and went on his way. BTW, the stove is still squeaking.

So now it appeared as if the refrigerator had the same malady, so we made an appointment with Steve. Early this morning we were awakened by a much louder squeak. I recognized that noise as a bad battery on one of our alarms. So, I pulled the ladder from the garage and yanked down the smoke alarm and the carbon monoxide alarm. Both are located in the hallway, and by the time I got the ladder set up, the two of them were squeaking. Mission accomplished. No more squeaking.

But, later, I continued to hear the squeak from the fridge. Or did I? On closer review, the squeak was coming from the pantry, next to the fridge. A spare alarm, purchased at the same time as the hall alarms, (Scott buys by the bulk) was being stored in that cabinet. I removed that battery. The problem will be solved, after a trip to the home supply store, to purchase batteries, later this morning.

However, Steve is still scheduled to make an appearance today, at our home. The dishwasher is growling!

Did God. We are blessed to have so many modern conveniences. And, we are blessed to know someone who can repair them. Remind us to be thankful.


 




No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...