"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."

 I have a tiny Schneekugel on my desk. You may have several, in your homes or apartments. The finest Schneekugels have always been made in Austria. Erwin Perzy is said to have invented them and his company, now led by the fourth generation, continues to make them.

My tiny Schneekugel, sits by my computer. It was probably made in China, but I can't tell for certain. The print, on the bottom, is too small for me to read. And, the price sticker reads $1. I don't have any trouble shaking the heck out of it, anytime I feel like it. It makes me smile!

Because, they have been around for a really long time, most of us have memories of playing with them or at least seeing them, as they sat high on a shelf, too far away for tiny hands to reach. Our family, while I was growing up, had one, that in my mind, I can still see clearly. It had a black base, it seemed very heavy. The glass globe contained a small snowman, complete with a black top hat, black eyes and a carrot nose. Those memories are over 70 years old.

Scott, the kids and I had, at one time, a really nice Schneekugel, that a relative gave to our family. It was around the house for a few years, until one or maybe several of our sons, broke it. As I recall, I found the hidden bits and pieces, shortly after the incident. It was just a "thing", so I don't remember spending much time being disturbed about losing it. I'm sure I was more concerned about them failing to tell me that they had broken it. I'm sure the culprit(s), will never, ever have fond memories of snow globes. Too bad. They are pretty unique.

Dearest Lord. You are our strength and our salvation. We praise your Holy Name.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)