"Here we come a caroling....."

 Several years ago, I wrote a blog on my favorite Christmas Song, which happens to be, "Here Comes Santa Claus". You might think of it as a silly, children's song, but contains a beautiful verse about being "all God's children...", which I find very meaningful.  And, as a bonus, it was written by Gene Autry, who is one of my personal heroes. 

Now, I want to tell you about my least favorite Christmas Song. When was the last time you said something was DEE-vine? Probably never, unless you were singing "O Holy Night". The song does more than bother me. It taunts me. It seems like it plays everywhere, during the holiday season, over and over. I know some folks like it. But, I sure don't. I remember one Christmas Eve Service, years ago, when the two soprano solos, one sung right after the other, were both, "O Holy Night". I wanted to run from the sanctuary, screaming. But, then I was just horribly embarrassed for the singers. 

Don't have it sung at my funeral, please. I will forever haunt you. It will not be DEE-vine.

Dear Lord, Give me patience. Teach me to have tolerance for the choices of others. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)