You Gotta Have Hope........

 What inspires you? What lifts you up?

In this unprecedented time, when it's hard to keep from complaining about all the things that we are missing, I find myself looking for something that will get my juices flowing and bring me up out of my valleys.

Today, while trying to perk a woman up, by telling her that we all need to "trust that everything will get better, soon", I was reminded of an old hymn. Well, I couldn't remember all of the words, so I used my trust PC and located several audio renditions, a printable copy of the lyrics and a brief bio of the writer. Now, I am a minimally qualified expert on the hymn, "Trust and Obey'.

John H. Sammis, a Presbyterian Minister, wrote the words in 1887. Throughout his lifetime, he was known for writing "songs of trust" and "songs of obedience". I'm not enough of an expert on his poetry, to judge all of his writings, but I do know that "Trust and Obey" is full of assurance and hope.

                                            "Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,

                                                     But His smile quickly drives it away.

                                              Not a doubt or a fear, not a sign or a tear,

                                                     Can abide while we trust and obey.

                                            Trust and Obey, for there's no other way

                                             To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey."

Dear Lord. Life is full of ups and down, and all of us are easily disappointed. Show us how to increase our Trust in You. Help us to live a life of Obedience and show us how to receive Your Gift of Hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)