Reflections

Mother's Day always evokes a torrent of emotions, in everyone. We all have mothers, of course, and most of us have really fond memories of them. However, this Mother's Day (social distancing, masks, Zooming, etc.) is very different from our normal "once-a-year celebration" of our moms. In honor of this, I am going to focus on my children. Children, biological or otherwise related, make us moms. My four children have made me who I am.
First of all, let it be known that no mother is perfect. I certainly haven't been. The reason, just might be, that neither are my four kids. But, moms, being who we are, continue to love them unconditionally. We cherish the crudely constructed, hand-made presents, from years past, as much as we do the flowers and items arriving, these days, from Amazon. Just like Mary Poppins, I consider my children "practically perfect, in every way".
I am very proud of my children. They are all well-educated, productive adults. They have, among them, seven college degrees. This, to me, is amazing, especially when you consider that their maternal great grandmother never learned to read or write (in any language). And, another grandfather never went beyond the 6th grade. 
All four are outstanding parents. Not only have they managed to avoid criminal activities (I'm fairly certain about that), they have produced children who are all pleasant and creative individuals. Grandchildren are the best! Thanks to my terrific grandchildren, my refrigerator has not been devoid of artwork, since 1960 something!
I wish they lived closer and that we could see all of them more often. But, they don't and we can't. I am truly thankful that they have busy lives.

Dear God. Thank you for my children (and grandchildren). I am blessed.


Comments

Karen said…
And THEY are Blessed to have you as their Mom and Grandmother!
Happy Mother's Day!
Love you, Karen

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)