Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Miss Goody Goody

I really have tried to be a law abiding citizen, all my life. But, frankly, I am now questioning why I should have bothered.
Every time I look in the paper, or on line, I find that law breakers, convicted criminals and general scofflaws are being pardoned, forgiven and lauded for their crimes.
Case in point. Our brand new, millennial mayor, has just pardoned all non-violent marijuana criminals, in the city. If I am not mistaken, smoking and selling weed is still against several laws.
And, my husband and I had student loans. We paid them back, with interest. That's what a "loan" is. It is not a grant or gift! We now have folks, several of whom want to be president, that want to forgive ALL student loans.
Once upon a time, vagrancy was a crime. Now anyone can just pitch a tent on the streets, of many major cities in the U.S., and use the street for a potty..........and get away with it. It's even encouraged in some places.
Although I do think about it, I'm just too old to become a bad girl! It isn't likely that I will change my morals at this stage of the game. I will keep returning my library books on time, driving under the speed limit and obeying traffic signals. I won't be smoking pot, anytime soon. And, I'm going to keep paying my bills.

Dear God. As your children, we know right from wrong. Help us to be good examples to others, who may be a bit confused.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...