So Be Good For Goodness Sake.....

Are you familiar with the "Elf on the Shelf"? If not, I will explain it as the latest take on "He sees you when your sleeping. He knows if you're awake" ......and so on.  So, it has occurred to me that I should create an "Elf on the Shelf" for the elderly.
Here is my marketing plan. I propose a small mirror, in a stand-up frame. A Senior would put it any  place in his or her dwelling. Imagine, looking into the mirror and seeing your gray-haired self thanking your housekeeper for putting clean sheets on your bed. That's being Nice. Or, offering to check your neighbor's mail box for incoming mail. That would also be Nice. You could see yourself, spreading Christmas Spirit with every glance.
On the other hand, the mirror would also capture you dressing down the maintenance man for not fixing your television reception as quickly as YOU wanted.  Or, you might be seen griping about the weather or some one's unknowing mistake. That's being Naughty. No one should be caught being Naughty!
The mirror would record all of your activities, during the holiday season, good or bad, and just like with Santa or his helper, the Shelf Elf, you would be compensated accordingly, for your behavior..
I don't imagine that I would garner any money or fame from my Elderly Mirror Project. But, you know, it makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

Dear Lord. Remind me that doing the right thing is always the right thing.  Being Nice trumps Naughty, anytime.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)