Wednesday, November 27, 2019

whatever happened to ................................?

It's been several years, since I have commented on the holiday of Thanksgiving. I don't know why. I am thankful for my many blessings, but perhaps like many Americans, in my rush to prepare for Christmas, I have forgotten to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Retail stores have been hawking Christmas goodies, since August. Pre-Black Friday Sales are everywhere. Most big box stores and web sites went directly from Halloween to Christmas, skipping Thanksgiving. altogether.
I have resisted putting away my ceramic pumpkins and artificial fall leaves. I refuse to do it until the weekend after Turkey Day. But, the pressure is there. Will I be able to meet all of my self-imposed deadlines? Will everything get done on time? Shouldn't I just do a couple of things to get a jump on the Big Holiday? Talk about stress!
We have been instructed to Give Thanks for Everything. A thankful heart will keep your mind in the positive, and draw your thoughts away from what has happened and what might happen. A thankful heart will keep you in the present.

Dear Lord, we come to you with a thankful heart. We will remember to forever make a joyful noise.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank YOU for reminding us...
Thanksgiving Blessings today and every day!
Love you, YMOS

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...