"Leave a jacket in a bathroom stall, drop a contact down the sink."

This morning, when I arrived at my work space, I observed that someone had deposited a solitary earring, on my counter top. Finding something new at my desk, isn't unusual. Almost every morning, I am gifted with an assortment of lost articles.
Sometimes it is a coat or a sweater. Other times it has been caps, necklaces, hearing aids, rings, and even a shoe or two. It happens so often, nothing that I find, surprises me.
But it is a puzzle. What causes this to happen?
As I ponder the situation, I am reminded of that Blake Shelton classic, "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off". His lady, he sings, has a tendency to shed her clothing, when she goes out drinking "Margaritas with her girlfriends." Perhaps booze is a good explanation for a few, but unfortunately, not the most logical one for most of our residents.
We all forget things, as we age, and the Concierge Desk is a convenient place to leave the items that are found. I am happy to take your items. But, please, when and if you remember that you lost them...........come pick them up!

Dear Lord, remind us that we are fortunate to be aging. It's often hard to remember that fact. Growing old, gracefully, is difficult. Help us to more mindful or others, and less focused on ourselves and our issues. We rejoice in your constant love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)