Sunday, March 10, 2019

Deja vu all over again!

Loosely quoted from the book of Ecclesiastes, is the well known phrase...."There is nothing new under the sun". The older I get, the more I believe the Bible is exactly right.
Take literature, for instance. I am a fan of the works of the Jane Austen. Austen was born in 1775,    wrote less than a dozen well known novels and died in her 40's. She was not famous in her lifetime, but since her demise, many folks, including me, have read her novels numerous times. 
She is such a great author, that in the past several decades, numerous authors have written period sequels, contemporary adaptations and even Made-for TV Movies. So many, if fact, that in the past month, I have read one novel "Death comes to Pemberley", and seen two Hallmark movies that feature characters, Darcy and Elizabeth, who appeared in her best known novel, Pride and Prejudice. Several years ago, I saw the movie (based on the novel of the same name), "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". I have friends, who could never in a million years, come to an agreement over which movie adaptation of the novel, Pride and Prejudice, they prefer. Some like the Kiera Knightly (with Donald Sutherland and Dame Judi Dench) version and others prefer Colin Firth and his "shirt"!
Are you a fan of musicals?  Do you like "West Side Story"? It is a 1960's version of William Shakespeare tragedy, Romeo and Juliet. How about "My Fair Lady"? George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion.
I could go on and on. I mean, how many more times is Hollywood going to remake, "A Star Is Born"? Of course it wins Oscars. It's a great story and like my Jane Austen examples........a winner is always a winner!

Dear Lord. You are an Original. I thank You, for your steadfast love and care. 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wonder what "they" will say about this newest blog?
How is your snowy weather?
KD

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...