Deer Ones......

When I start to worry a bit too much, I try to remind myself about the "lilies". You know the ones. We are called to remember them, their beauty and the fact that they neither toil nor worry. They are happy and content with their existence and are admired for what they are, not what they are striving to be.
 ( Luke 12:27)
Whilst (a borrowed word from my Brit friend) cleaning up after dinner, last evening, right out my window, I observed 3 deer. Then, I looked again and there were 6 deer. All in all, the total of deer munching grass and other goodies from our lawn, was eleven.
As I watched the herd, and surely eleven deer would be considered a herd, I noticed their beauty, their quiet and calm resolve and their sense of peace. At times, a couple of the younger ones would nip at each other or push one another a bit, in play, but for the most part, they contentedly ate away.
And, when they were satisfied, they strolled away.
Like the lilies of the field, they weren't worried about anything. They weren't concerned about what was going to happen to them, in the next minute, hour or even next year. And, they weren't stressed about yesterday or tomorrow. In the moment, they were content.
I long to be more like those deer.

Dear Lord. Remind us to be satisfied. To be content and to live in the moment, whenever we can. We are truly blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)