Friday, February 8, 2019

No,no, a thousand times no!

Do any of us actually listen to what comes out of our mouths? I ask this, because I am convinced that no one does. I believe this because, not a single day goes by without some otherwise intelligent person saying to me, the ultimate inane phrase, "You've got to be kidding."
Now, I am not the type of person that "kids" when I am working. My job is information and customer service, not comedy. So, if I say it is minus 4 degrees outside, that is what the thermometer reads. And, if I say Bingo is cancelled.......I am not kidding! Therefore, when I report that the mail did not come until after seven last night, I mean it. Trust me, I am telling the truth. People depend upon me to give them correct answers, and I always attempt to do just that.
So folks, ask away. I love questions. Questions are wonderful. But when I give you an answer........
I am definitely NOT KIDDING!

Dear God. Give me patience and the power to continue to listen and respond positively. Show me how to be kind and caring. Make me more like You. I ask these things, in Your Holy Name.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...