New Ears

(This will be the first of several posts about my new hearing aids.)

Day One:
Life is Loud! And, I had no idea it was. Over the past few years, I have been noticing that my ability to hear clearly and distinctly has been diminishing. So today, is my first day with hearing aids.
Were you aware that hearing aids come encased in metallic colored cases? I'm a Kansas University Fan, so I decided to have my right aid fashioned in metallic red and my left one in metallic blue. If I had, God Forbid, been a Missouri Fan, I could have had gold and black. All the colors of the rainbow were available.
Anyway, in less than 24 hours, I have discovered that my car's turn signals actually make clicking noises. I was flabbergasted while, when typing, I heard the sound of the keys on the keyboard, for the first time. When the housekeeper ran the vacuum around my desk, I nearly fainted from the roar.
Life is so loud.
But I will adjust. I now know that I have been missing a lot of life, and I will adjust to this new "hearing" world.

Dear Lord. I am blessed. My life has been good, but it is going to be better. Thank you for watching over me and my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)