Sunday, November 18, 2018

New Ears #2

Several days have now past, since I started using my new hearing aids.
Yesterday, Saturday, my normal day to go shopping, was another "ear" opener. Who knew that driving was so loud? On my way home from an outstandingly unproductive trip to WalMart, I suddenly became extremely uncomfortable. It was so cold in my normally toasty old car! Then, I remembered that I had turned off the heater, earlier in the trip. Well, that darned heater, and the engine and the turn signal, and the traffic had all been so loud, something had to be turned off! I went for the safest thing.
This morning, I realized that enhanced hearing needs fine tuning. In my kitchen, bells and whistles are always going off. The microwave, the coffee pot, the over timer, etc., all make noise. And, this is the first time I have heard many of them. And in the process, I now realize, that my ability, to figure out out from where the noise it originating, is lacking.  Today the coffee pot buzzer seemed to be coming from above my head and I swear the microwave signal was coming from the living room!
However, this whole new experience is getting easier day by day.
I think I will soon miss the daily surprises coming through my new ears.

I am blessed. Life is a wonderful and awesome journey. Thank you, Lord, for being my Guide and Leader.

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

I am blessed that you have been my beautiful, stylish, industrious, and wonderful life partner for many years... the only true love in my life since forever! I am so proud of you, it's hard to suppress my emotions. Your forever Buddy!!

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...