The Cup 1/2 Full

The oldest resident, in our facility, has a sign on her door that reads "Old Age Isn't for Sissies". She is slightly over 100 years old, so there are very few folks who have the longevity of knowledge to argue with her. But, she always has something to show me, on her I-Pad (which she maneuvers like a Genius). She's a marvel.
One of the joys, and there are many, of working in a retirement community, is getting to know the residents and their families. Each and every day, I get a lesson in how to grow older gracefully and how to appreciate relationships with seniors.
A second floor woman (age mid-nineties) and her daughter are my "giggle girls". They are the original Party Hearty duo. Together they visit the hair salon, at least once a week....but, I think it may actually be more. They go out and get a Mani-Pedi, weekly. Shopping is their favorite pastime,  and from all indications, they love every minute of their time together. Just seeing them having so much fun, makes my day!
Then, there is another nonagenarian who hops on the activity bus each and every time we use it. He will go anywhere at any time. His favorite saying is "I love to get out of Dodge." And, the great thing is that he will then immediately say, "Because, I love coming back home." Isn't that just great?
The other day I used the term "elderly" and a resident said that she preferred senior. "We are just about to graduate, of course". What a wonderful term!
I could go on and on about the wonders of our residents. Of course, there are a few consistent complainers, but they are in the minority.
I am so blessed.

Great God. Thank you for my many blessings. Continue to hold me in the palm of your hand.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)