Saturday, September 1, 2018

"Brown paper packages tied up with string......"

My weekends are always busy. Saturday and Sunday are my days to do the grocery shopping, run errands, take care of housework, the laundry, etc. I don't mind. It is what has to be done. And, I also save some time, just for myself.
However, there is one weekend chore that falls into both categories. It's a "must do" chore and we love doing it. These days, almost everyone with a sense of guilt or duty, recycles. Our community does curbside recycling of papers, cans, plastics and cardboard. But, if you choose to recycle your glass trash, then it's off to visit the PURPLE BINS. And boy, do we look forward to that visit.
Fortunately, we have a PURPLE BIN, standing next to our closest grocery store. It's very convenient. Every couple of Saturdays, or so, on our way to do the weekly shopping, we load boxes of bottles into the car trunk and drive to the bin. We unload the bottles and throw them two by two (double handed, 'cause we're experts) into the trailer sized bin.
They go BANG, CRASH and POP! Glass spatters inside the bin. It's noisy and fun. The harder you throw, the louder the blast and all of the week's stress and tension just crashes away to nothing!
Good cheap fun and exercise, with a purpose!

Dear Lord and Savior. We try to care of Your planet, but most of the time we are not very good stewards of Your gifts. And, we struggle taking care of our own lives. Guide us on this journey.We need You.


No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...