Tuesday, July 10, 2018

No Other Way........

There is a limit to my abilities. My common sense tells me, there is a limit. But, my crazy, impulsive self always tells me otherwise.
About two months ago, I decided to revamp my kitchen. My grandiose plan, it seemed pretty simple at the time, was to strip off all of the decades old wallpaper and to repaint the walls and the cabinets. Well, no sooner did the first strips of wallpaper come off, the phone started ringing.
Our daughter announced a surprise, two weekend visit. We were thrilled to have her, but that slowed down my DYI remodel. I didn't get a thing done while she was here, but we sure did have a lot of fun! I got back to work, right after she left.
Next, our son called from New Jersey. They have planned a road trip to Kansas City, in August. That's great because we get to see out latest grandson, for the first time, and of course the rest of the family. (I knew that I had to get busy, fast.)
However, relatives from California are coming for a few days, next week, and we are scheduled to make a quick weekend trip, to Oklahoma, this weekend.
My kitchen looks like a war zone. The walls are stripped naked and dotted with wall patch. The curtains are down and the wall switch plates are gone. I'm in the middle of a big mess.
I have to let this one go. I'll clean the floors and make things as presentable as possible and just tell my company that my kitchen is a work in progress.
Instead of BoHo Chic, the Kincaids have OhOh Chic!

Sweet Jesus, How do we get ourselves into such trouble? Why can't we realize our limits? Your Wisdom is so great and you guidance is available to all of us. Help us to listen to Your Words and Your Will. Help us to "Trust and Obey."

No comments: