Thursday, July 5, 2018

Conversational English

Conversation #1.
  One morning, I encountered a woman sitting in a wheelchair, awaiting her turn in the hair salon. She looked and acted as if she were quite cold. I took her hands, in mine, and she remarked, "Your hands are so warm!" "Oh," I replied. "Let me hold your hands, in mine, for a bit. Are you chilly?"
She replied, with a big grin, "No, I'm Jackie!"
Conversation #2.
  The woman asked, "Do you have Peroxide, in the convenience store?"
"Well," I replied, "let me check for you, ma'am. (I run in the store and check the shelves. then I return to the counter.) Yes, ma'am, we have Topical Hydrogen Peroxide."
"Tropical Peroxide? Can I put that in my mouth?"
"No, it says, topical. I wouldn't drink it. You're supposed to apply it to wounds, etc. But, the bottle does say that it can be used as a mouth rinse. Just don't swallow it!"
"Great. I have a gum problem. I'll take a bottle."
Conversation #3.
Upon discovering a woman, on the floor, I asked, probably, the dumbest question ever posed.
"Did you fall?"
Her reply was, "No, I didn't fall."
Then I responded with the 2nd dumbest quested ever asked. "Why are you on the floor?"
She said, "I don't know. I'm just sitting down here."

"Nancy," (I am known to talk to myself, quite often), "sometimes, conversations are priceless and way over the top. Sometimes, there is no rhyme or reason. I need to enjoy those moments and cherish the encounters."

God, we are so blessed. Thank you, Lord. We should be particularly thankful for the opportunities that we have to help others. Show us how to do your work.








No comments: