Monday, March 12, 2018

On my honor.......

Can you believe it? I wasn't always as cool as I am now. In high school, long after it was "the thing" to do, Little Nancy remained a Girl Scout.
Today is the anniversary of the founding of the GSA. Juliette Gordon Low, of Savannah, Georgia, is credited with beginning the organization, in 1912. My stint, with scouting, started much later. I became a brownie at age 7, in the early 1950's.
March is the month that Girl Scouts sell their cookies. Salesmanship is not one of my talents. It never has been. I was always a two or three box girl, but one year, the "top salesgirl" in our troop, just happened to be me! John, my step dad-to-be, purchased all of the boxes I could get my hands on. What a great guy, and I don't think he even liked cookies!
My friend Gene, gifted our staff with some cookies, recently. They were much appreciated and were eaten in a flash. Girl Scout Cookies are the best. Memories of long ago Girl Scouting came drifting back. Wonderful times....wonderful guys...wonderful remembrances.

Dear Lord. There are so many great people in this world. Show us how to look for the best in everyone we meet. Give us patience and understanding. Life is a blessing!
We praise your Holy Name.



1 comment:

Karen said...

And don't forget all of those great songs that we learned as Girl Scouts. Those are even better memories!