Friday, September 8, 2017

Will wonders never cease?

You are never too old to experience new things. Remember that old commercial (I think it might have been for Wendy's) where the old lady says, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!" Well, I'm old enough that I can relate to that statement.
I can't believe I went to a "boat-in" bar at the Lake of the Ozarks. Now, I didn't drive a boat to the bar, but I rode a boat to a bar. The whole experience was a bit surreal. Several hundred folks, all in swim suits or parts of swim suits, drinking, dancing and mingling, in and around a swimming pool. I was agog! That was certainly a first time experience for me, and probably a once in a lifetime experience, also.
So, what will I do next? Who knows? But, I'm not ready to sit back and be waited on just yet. I have a lot of living yet to do.

Great God. Thank you for the experiences of life. Thank you for the good and the bad. We are your creations and you have given us all so much. We praise your Holy Name.


No comments: