Monday, September 11, 2017

Happy Birthday to ya!

In a few days, I will be another year older. I'm not complaining. I love getting older. It sure as heck beats the alternative. Because, at my age, I am considered a survivor.
There are many perks to getting older. Everyone knows that the Senior Rate is a big help to those of us who are now on a fixed income. And, how about those lines at the TSA check-in. Old is the new "go to the head of the line"!
Then, there is the realization that you don't have to buy the best of anything. After a certain age, it doesn't make sense to get the best, which often comes with a lifetime warranty. Because I am a "Senior", I am never going to get my money's worth. A lifetime warranty, or even a twenty-five year guarantee, isn't going to do me any good!
So, look for me in the cheap tee shirt. It might have glitter and sequins. I don't care it they fall off after 20 or so washings. I had a friend that swore she never looked at the expiration date on a milk carton. Heck, I'm adopting that attitude, also. Who knows how long I'll last?
I am going to love living, for as long as I can.

Great God. I am on your side and I am blessed to know that you are on mine. Show me how to serve you in the best way possible. I praise your Holy Name.

1 comment:

Karen said...

SUPER WOW!!
Happy Birthday,dear Sister!
Love always.