Saturday, May 6, 2017

It's a Smaller World.

Are you on Facebook? Apparently many "older" Americans are. I am, and I enjoy reading posts on my page, from Friends.
Now, the word Friend, on Facebook, can mean many things. And, many of my Facebook Friends are truly my life-long, close-to-my-heart Friends. Then, there are my related to me Friends...my children, my sister and her family, and of course my husband, and his brothers and their families. Those folks are more than Friends. Last, come the acquaintance friends. I know these folks, but not very closely.
I look at what's posted every couple of days. And, occasionally I will make a comment, which is usually a "Happy Birthday wish". I don't do political stuff. Too, much anger, these days. I don't comment on "Do you know what this is?" or play games.
But, I have noticed something recently about Facebook. Facebook is like that old games of 6 or 7, or some number of degrees of Kevin Bacon. The object of the game was to connect one person, in a certain number of things or people, to the actor Kevin Bacon. It was easy to do....and Kevin Bacon was not hugely famous!
With Facebook, the same thing happens. Any obscure post on your Facebook page, will connect you to a common Friend. And, furthermore, you can type in the name of anyone, and chances are that person will be Friends with someone you know.
It's a smaller and smaller world, Walt.

Dear God. Thank you for the many blessings we have recieved, in your name. Life is a joy and we are so blessed to be living in this world.

No comments: