Saturday, April 29, 2017

Don't Argue with me!

As time goes by, I like to think that I continue to learn new things. Just recently, I had one of those AH-HA moments of knowledge, that will hopefully enrich my life and the lives of others.
I must stop arguing. The need to be right, all or most of the time, is just unnecessary. And, although insisting on being right may make us feel good, it does nothing for the person or persons you disagree with.
Let me give you an example. We know several couples, where one or the other of the spouses constantly corrects everything the other says. When one spouse says that an incident occurred five years ago, the other says, actually it was six. Or, this or that happened in Houston, and the other one says, no, it was in Dallas. Who cares? What difference does it make? Let it go, folks!
Detail, unless it involves money or life and death issues, is insignificant. Stop, and just look at the bigger picture.
I'm going to work at this one. I know I am guilty of nitpicking on details. It just doesn't matter.

O Lord. Teach me to hold my tongue. Remind me to say things that enhance the lives of others. Keep me from choosing hurtful words. I ask for your guidance and wisdom.

No comments: