Friday, March 17, 2017

What's in store?

Retail is changing in this country. We do not shop and buy the way we did 10 years ago, 20 years ago or 60 years ago.
In the past we had to buy locally. If you couldn't find it "downtown", or in the Sears and Roebuck Catalog, you didn't need it, and you just did without.
Just a few years ago, we all went to the local mall to shop for necessities and to browse. I remember walking around and going into dozens of shops, just looking. Now, most of those malls, that were so popular, are boarded up or have already been torn down.
Well, times have certainly changed. If I want to purchase an item, I don't immediately hop in my car and drive to a store. The first place I check is "on line." It's so easy and I can do it from my home. I just log on and type "jacket" or "blue sweater" or "bedspread" or anything. Dozens of places pop up, and I can shop until I find what I want.
Then, a few more clicks and I have purchased the item and I will shortly know when it will be shipped to me. Often the shipping cost is zero, and returning unwanted items is equally as easy.
Retail stores are closing every day, while the shipping business is booming. Both young people and old folks are shopping on line. During the holidays, the US Postal Service even subcontracted for UPS and FedEx.
You can't buck the trend. Just click away and shop till you drop.

Dear Lord. Change is inevitable. We cannot make things stay the same, and to try to do so, is foolish.
Help us to embrace change and to enjoy it. God, help us to choose our battles and to focus on the important stuff.
Bless our families and keep those that we love, safe and healthy.

No comments: