Thursday, December 8, 2016

Not a clue.

Funny how relationships develop. Friendships usually develop between folks who have lots of things in common. But, I have only one thing in common with my friend, Forrest. Our ages are different and our genders are different. He lives in an apartment and I live in a house. I work and he is retired. He is very tall and slender, and I am, well, let's say we are different in stature.
Our common interest is the New York Time Daily Crossword Puzzle.
The NY Times Crossword is unique. Each day, from Monday thru Saturday, it gets increasingly difficult. Over the years, I have encountered very few folks who share my enthusiasm for the challenge of the NY Times puzzle. A person who loves doing the NY Times puzzle must be patient and realize that skill increases with practice and that it is nearly impossible to complete the puzzle every day. It is the rare individual who can accept that challenge.
My pal, Forrest, visits my desk nearly every day and because he is a man of few words, he often just says things like, "25 down.......Jedi." I will concur or offer another suggestion.
Other times, I will say things like, "I didn't get very far today. I think today's puzzle has some missing letters."
Then, we both smile, I return to my work and he continues his walk.
Our relationship is truly unique and special.

I am so blessed. My life has been touched by so many wonderful people. God has placed me in a special place to do his work. I am truly thankful.

No comments: