Monday, August 22, 2016

Sha Boom, Sha Boom!

Today was one of those "survival days". I'm sure you have had them, too. They don't come along very often, but when they arrive, you know it.
I couldn't decide on what to wear or what to pack for lunch. My stomach was upset, even before I left the house. My thoughts were along the lines of, "If I can just survive until lunchtime, maybe I'll just take the afternoon off and spend the rest of the day in bed."
Nothing major happened at work to perk up my attitude. The usual number of residents didn't remember to push their "check-in buttons" and my "regulars" ordered their weekly groceries on-time and in an appropriate manner. I registered quite a few folks for the Bingo Night, and the Doctor Day Appointments increased in a normal manner. I put postage on about a dozen bills and letters for residents, and posted a parking violation notice on a car parked in the wrong spot. Then, in fact, by noon, I was feeling pretty darn good.
Do you know what cured me of my "just-make-it-through-the day" attitude? It's really quite simple.
I quit thinking about myself and starting doing for others. When you are thinking about your own troubles and woes, life can be pretty overwhelming. But, when you put others and their needs ahead of your own.....voila'........Life can be dream, sweetheart.  Life can be quite wonderful.

Dear Lord, Thank you for showing me the way, today. Thank you leading me towards a better attitude. I am so blessed to be able to help my brothers and sisters.
I am a believer.

No comments: