Saturday, August 13, 2016

Randy Newman had it right!

When I hired on to my latest job, I agreed to do a great many things. My list of responsibilities is long and my goal is to do each item on the list, to the best of my ability. I work hard at doing my job.
However, it is a bit of a struggle to maneuver around a few testy challenges, during my work hours.
For instance, my feet don't touch the floor, when I sit at my work counter. My feet don't even reach the footrest of my tall chair. To my employers credit, I was recently given a nice foot stool on which to rest my feet, while sitting. But, it is still a challenge to climb into and out of my chair. Sometimes I feel like a mountain goat.
Another challenge is my reaching ability. When standing, I cannot reach to the front of the counter. I have twisted and turned, rearranged and adjusted all of my paraphernalia, to no avail. When I am  perched on my chair, I am suspended in air. I cannot reach anything but my computer, so I have to carefully dismount and then stand on my toes to reach the cash register or anything else located on the counter.
I don't mean to complain. It's a beautiful counter and a beautiful work place. My job is the best.
It just doesn't fit me.
I'm too short.

Dearest Lord. Life is full of challenges. Our job is to make adjustments. Most of the time adjustment is difficult. Teach us patience and perseverance and guide us on the path that leads to everlasting salvation. Show us how to love You and one another.

No comments: