Thursday, January 7, 2016

Light my Fire.

And, what about light bulbs?
For several years now, my husband and I have replaced almost all of our incandescent light bulbs with the new swirly CFL lights. I'm sure you all are doing the same thing. After all, these new bulbs s are the only ones you can buy. Old fashioned, light-bulb-shaped bulbs are long gone. Passe'. Kaput. Obsolete.
I'm sure you know that these new bulbs are very expensive. They don't put out the same type of light as our old kind. They take a long time to "warm up". And, above all they are supposed to last eleven years.
Well, you and I know they don't. We have replaced dozens of them, and so have you.. They don't last any longer than the old ones. We have been lied to.
But, so what? There's not a darn thing we can do about it. We just have to pay a pretty penny for the deception and use them.
What's the deal with that???????

Great Lord: I try to focus on the good things in life. But, sometimes I get discouraged. Sometimes the right does not prevail. Wrongs happen. I get angry.
Open my eyes to what really matters. Guide me and give me strength to persevere.  Give me patience and peace.
You know my heart.

No comments: