Saturday, February 28, 2015

Impatience

Tomorrow is March 1st. We had a measurable snowfall, yet again, today. Not massive, but at least a couple of inches. I shoveled once this morning and I will have to do it again tomorrow before we can venture out.
I really don't mind shoveling snow, because with each storm there is the hope it is the last one of the season. But, if it's not, then I can have that same hope with the next snowfall. We deal with it.
But, like I mentioned, tomorrow it will be March. And, I am so over winter. I am over the freezing temperatures. I am over scraping my windshield every morning, in order to go to work. I am over boots. I am over heavy coats and gloves and scarfs. I am over being cold every time I step into the shower and every time I step out of the shower. I am over cold beds.
I am so looking forward to Spring.
Bring it on Lord. Show me the Sunshine.
Like Veruca Salt...."I want it NOW!"

Great God. The seasons are wonderful. We enjoy this great Earth and you, in your wisdom, seem to know when we've had just enough of any particular weather. Spring is a re-awakening of your bounty. We rejoice in the re-newing of your planet.
We are grateful for our abundant life.

No comments: