Monday, April 7, 2014

Pardon me?

Old age is tough. Knee joints, hip joints, and shoulders get sore and eventually fail. Backs ache. Physical labor gets harder and harder to do.
Those and other tell-tale signs of aging get more noticeable as time marches on.
Take, for instance, losing the ability to hear. I'm finding it much more difficult, these days, to hear lots of things. I was really concerned about it, until just recently.
That's when I realized that by sleeping with my "good" ear to the pillow, I was no longer aware of any disturbing sounds in the night. Nothing, not even the horrendous snoring next to me, keeps me awake after 10 p.m. Quietly, my life is improving.
And, I don't have to remember what's secret anymore. If anyone whispers something in my ear, I can't hear it. You can trust me with whatever you consider "top secret." I promise that I'll never tell. Because, I sincerely have no idea what you told me. Mums the word.
Diminished hearing isn't such a bad thing. My work place has several alarms that beep at regular intervals, every several seconds, all day long. They are driving my fellow workers mad. Praise the Lord, I can't hear them.
Life is getting better with each passing day.
What did you just say?

All knowing Lord. You are our strength in all phases of our lives. Guide us and lead us to do your work here on earth. Protect our loved ones and show then your love. We trust in your goodness and
mercy. You are all powerful.

No comments: