Monday, August 6, 2012

politics...schmalitics

In my county, as in many areas, we are gearing up for an election. As usual, we are starting to see lots of campaign signs on prominent corners. I think it is my civic duty to vote, so I read the signs.
But, today instead of feeling my civic pride, I burst out laughing when I read one of those signs.
Here's why.
We have a career politician, in our county, who has run for many different offices over the last 20 years. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he doesn't. At least once, over that same period,  he has been removed from office, for some sort of shady activity. He is a career politician, by anyone's description, and the exact oppposite of what our founding fathers wanted to see in our governmental leaders.
His current sign reads...
          candidate's name  VOTE   candidate's county
The sign doesn't mention what office he's seeking, in this election. In order to reuse his signs, he has pasted the word VOTE over the title of the office from his last campaign. I guess he thinks his name is enough to get him elected.........to anything.
What a hoot! Very amusing!

Good and gracious God: We are thankful for many of our elected leaders who are fine and upstanding folks. Guide them as they attempt to do their best for our families, our country and for our world. Make us ever mindful of our frailties and remind us to give thanks for all that you have given us. None of us are as powerful as we think.
Your wisdom is over powering.


No comments: