Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chapter 3

Since the untimely murder of my car, my faithful and loyal spouse has been driving me to and from work. Well, with the price of fuel these days, those unnecessary trips were becoming too costly. So folks, this old lady has become a public transit consumer. I'm riding the city bus!
Oh yes, I have brazenly ridden public transportation in the major cities of the world. But that was a novelty. I was on vacation. Even in Mexico City, this five foot tall Senora stood TALL, standing in the subway beneath the streets of the Zona Rosa and the Zocalo. I have taken the Metro in London, Paris, New York., and D.C. But, in my hometown, I always had a car. I had never ridden a local bus.
Now, after a couple of weeks, I am a veteran commuter. I can handle transfers, all-day passes, and yes, I now even use my Medicare card, which means that I can ride for half price. Being a Senior Citizen is beginning to have a few perks.
Since I take the same bus route at the same time every day, I am beginning to recognize my fellow travelers. There is a kind of camaraderie among bus riders. We are a proud bunch. We are saving fuel, saving the planet and above all, saving money.


Great God. This is an amazing world. Please allow us to continue to experience new things. Keep our minds open to explore what you have created.
We are in awe of your knowledge and we are humbled by our insignificance. Keep us in the palm of your hand.

No comments: