Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ain't That Good News?

WOO HOO, folks. I just celebrated the beginning of my big Anniversary Year. You see, it was five years ago this month that I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. So, now I can begin to count down all sorts of milestones. Five years since the surgeries. Five years since the end of Chemotherapy. Five years since the end of radiation, and on and on. All those months ago, my doctors told us that the five year mark was a big milestone for survivors. At that point, my chances of having a recurrence of cancer are the same as anyone who has not yet had the disease.
I'm feeling really blessed right now. I am thankful to have survived, but my mind is also on those folks, that I have known in the past five years, who battled, with their whole being against cancer, and did not win the war.
It is not possible for us to know why some of us win the battle and some of us do not.
We can only pray for healing. Sometimes that healing occurs in our bodies, and sometimes that healing is of our minds and souls.
I do know, however, that God is with each and every one of us, as we make this journey. Our job is to rely on Him.

Holy Savior. We have so much to be thankful for. Your blessings abound. Guide us as we travel along our roadways. Help us to be ever mindful of the thoughts and feelings of our fellow sojourners. Keep us on the right highway and please remind us to use our turn-signals and to keep our seat belts fastened securely.

No comments: