Wednesday, September 14, 2011

To Me

Yesterday, I had a milestone birthday. And frankly, I don't feel a day over 35. But the facts and the numbers say that I'm waaaaaay over 35.
Age, you know, is just a number. I have a dear friend, who was recently honored with a Human Rights award. She and two well-known gentleman, from our area, received lots of applause and a nice plaque. The two gentlemen accepted their awards graciously, but spent a great deal of time bemoaning the fact that they were past their prime.........in their 70's and 80's.
My friend was the last to speak. She talked about people who had helped her achieve recognition and how her expertise had been to always work behind the scenes. Then, she mentioned she was 91 and still going strong. Whoopee!
That's the way I want to live my life. Strong and passionate until the very end.

Great and powerful God. Please allow us to be strong and always willing to work for the good of others. Help us to act, not only for our benefit, but to better the lives of all our brothers and sisters.
God, grant us peace and patience.

No comments: