Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chapter Two

If you were perplexed my tale of "hit and run", wait until you hear Chapter Two.
You might remember that my car was totaled on a Thursday afternoon. On the same street corner as my wreck, on the very next Tuesday morning, I spotted a TV remote truck and police cars.
My first thought was that my poor old Oldsmobile had made the local news. Havalina (the deceased car's name) had maybe become a celebrity, in the Historic Old Northeast Neighborhood.
In reality, a violent murder had occurred on the very corner that my car had met her demise. It was a case of domestic violence, and I am sure many lives have been altered by the act of one unhappy person.
Chapter Two made the events of Chapter One seem terribly insignificant. What is one ruined car compared to a human life? Well, you really can't compare them. Tragic.


Lord God. Life is so precious. When we are young we think we are going to live forever. As we age, we realize that we all have such a short time here. Help us to always do right. Help us to show others that we care. Help us to protect those we love. Give us patience.
We honor you and your creations.


No comments: