Monday, August 1, 2011

The best laid plans........

Part of my job is planning events where groups of volunteers gather together to wrap holiday packages. The packages are later distributed to needy clients. Therefore, I try to encourage groups to come to our facilities to have wrapping "parties." They come and I agree to provide water and snacks, the gifts, the paper, the scissors, the tape and a place to do it all.
It takes quite a bit of planning. I have to arrange for the items to be brought from storage and for the wrapped items to be returned to storage. The room has to be arranged for the wrapping assembly line, and the groups need to have everything they need, including directions to our building and space for parking.
I've been scheduling the wrappers since February, and I receive calls or emails daily from both church and corporate groups, wanting to come and wrap. Groups have come from Minnesota, Mississippi, Colorado and every part of Kansas and Missouri. I fit them into my Volunteer Calendar, and it's starting to fill up. I have just a few open dates between now and December.
Last week, I was informed that the space we've been using to wrap is no longer available. Well, that was a problem I had not anticipated. So, I arranged for another space, and rescheduled many of the groups. Today, I found out, quite by chance, that now, I could not use that building.
Needless to say, I am frustrated. Really frustrated.
But,as we say in the Midwest....."there you go." Since, I am powerless in this situation, I have to buck up and move to Plan C. Frankly, I don't have a Plan C, but I am sure God will provide.
Life is like that, fellow travelers.

Dear God. You never promised us that our lives would be without trials. Put your arms around us and help us face our problems. We can accomplish anything with your help and guidance.

No comments: