Thursday, February 24, 2011

K.I.S.S.

In my workplace the use of Acronyms is rampant. Employees toss them back and forth like baseballs. Unfortunately, being the new kid on the block,I have no idea what the acronyms stand for or what they mean. I am like a alien in a foreign land.
But, this is a good thing. Since my workplace deals with speakers of languages other than English, my ignorance of these specific acronyms makes it easy for me to identify with the students. They can't understand my language, and I can't understand the language of the teachers. We are almost always in a blissful state of total confusion.
However, I have found that a smile, kindness, and a hearty laugh can go a long way in inter-cultural relations. Did you know that the signal for craziness is nearly universal? Just twirl your hand around the side of your head and everyone understands.

Lord of All, help us to focus on the sameness of your great variety of people. We are
alike in so many ways. The differences that we see are in our eyes only.
Help us to celebrate and embrace our fellow life travelers as our brothers and sisters.
We want to follow where you lead us.


BTW....Keep It Saucy Sister

No comments: