Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Trails to You.......

As I write this, my husband is stuck in Tulsa. This morning he left Kansas City, to travel by plane, to St. Louis. He intended to return home tomorrow, but because all of his meetings were cancelled, he booked the last flight back to Kansas City, this afternoon. Well, our airport was iced in. Closed for the remainder of the night. So, his plane was diverted to Tulsa. A one hour flight became a two hour flight and then became a point of no return.
Life is a lot like that, I think. Our plans become way laid, and we end up somewhere we never intended to be. How many of us planned to be where we are today? (I had briefly planned on becoming a nun, but had settled on the life of a cowgirl......they had the cooler outfits. Nuns didn't wear cowboy boots and leather fringe!)
Life just never works out the way we plan it. I like the phrase, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." Truthfully, just as life has its disappointments, it also has it's mountain top experiences.
But, I have come to this conclusion. No matter what the route, I intend to enjoy the journey.
Oh, and I hope Scott finds his way home,sometime soon. I intend to be like Motel 6, and "leave the light on for him."

Great and all knowing God. You travel with us on this journey of life. Help us to remember that we are all, every last one of us, on the same journey. Allow us to release our burdens to you, and remind us to travel light.

1 comment:

Dave said...

And this is why I try to avoild St. Louis...it's just bad mojo! Hope you arrived safely home in time to shovel the drive. :)