Friday, November 12, 2010

I've been Mugged!!!!!!!

Don't call the hospital or send flowers. The "Mug" project has been successful.
A couple of months ago, I sent out an email request to my United Methodist Women friends, throughout the state. I asked them to search through their kitchen cabinets, for a few underused coffee mugs. Our clients at the mission like to drink coffee, you see, but the thought and cost of
Styrofoam cups seemed like such a waste. And, everybody could use a little extra space in their cabinets.
"Don't mail them", I said. Just box them up and somehow they will find their way to my door. I was aiming for 200 mugs. Carol brought about sixty, from a gathering in Columbia. Mary brought some from Springfield. Annette collected a bunch from south Kansas City, and Carol, from Kearney, is bringing more by today. I have those 200 mugs. They have come from everywhere.
God works in mysterious ways. All of my contributors have been in mission to those in need of God's goodness.
Thank you all very much.

In this season of Thanksgiving, our emotions run near the surface. We are indeed thankful for our many blessings. We have experienced emotional and physical want, and we know that you can provide us with everything that we truly need.
Dear God, open our eyes and our hearts.

1 comment:

Terri Mayeaux said...

I have 6 from work that were going to be thrown out. That way, you'll have extras when some mugs get cracked or broken.