Monday, September 13, 2010

Will You Still Need Me?

Well , just like the Beatles song, it is for me ....."many years from now". Surely, not. I can't be that old. What's that quote..... age is "truly just a number"? But this birthday, it happens to be a pretty big number. Historical.
Seven of my fellow high school classmates have emailed to wish me a very happy #46! Hysterical.
Reflection isn't my forte. I hate crying over spilled milk. I try to force myself to look forward.
The best is yet to be. Aging sure beats the alternative.
Yesterday, we spent the afternoon, not with "Vera, Chuck and Dave" but with Linnea and Leo. They are mobile now and chewing on everything in sight....even the granddogs! It was really fun.
Grandchildren are one of God's greatest gifts.

Gracious and giving Lord. We thank you for life itself and all of the things that it hands us. Help us to remember that through you, all things are possible. You are good all the time.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Happy Birthday Nancy!